October 11, 2021 04:20 Created by Admin, Last modified on November 02, 2021 04:20
As you age, your body's metabolism slows down. If you aren't paying attention, your weight may gradually creep higher. Commonly, people also have trouble losing regained weight. Avoiding weight gain is not as simple as cutting calories or exercising. It is a matter of establishing a healthier lifestyle overall. There are no quick fixes to avoiding weight gain long-term, but with lifestyle changes you can maintain a healthy weight.
Here are 5 tips for weight loss or management that you can implement:
1) Exercise Often- Regular exercise plays an important role in weight maintenance. It may help you burn off some extra calories and increase your metabolism, which are two factors needed to achieve energy balance. When you are in energy balance, it means you burn the same number of calories that you consume. As a result, your weight is more likely to stay the same. Several studies have found that people who do at least 200 minutes of moderate physical activity a week (30 minutes a day) after losing weight are more likely to maintain their weight. It's important to note that exercise is the most helpful for weight maintenance when it's combined with other lifestyle changes, including sticking to a healthy diet.
2) Watch your portion sizes- When the holidays arrive, it can be easy to overload your plate. Those who eat larger portions tend to gain weight more easily than those who don’t. The best way to overcome this is to control portion sizes or use smaller plates. To determine an appropriate portion size, read food labels and the recommended serving sizes listed on recipes. If you can’t do either, use your best judgment to fill your plate with a reasonable amount of food.
3) Cut back on added sugar- Cane sugar, which is often added to foods and sweets, can cause unwanted weight gain. Such foods are also often low in nutrients, resulting in hunger cravings shortly after eating. You don't need to have a sweet tooth to have a high sugar diet. Many products you buy at the grocery store, like breads and canned pasta sauces, are loaded with added sugar. Read labels before purchasing a product at the store and pay attention to how much sugar is included. Buy Health & Wellness Products Online which are low in sugar.
4) Drink plenty of water- Drinking more water is beneficial for a lot of reasons and now that we are all grounded in our homes, we can drink plenty of water. Drinking plenty of water can help metabolism and, most importantly, it can also help you feel fuller for longer. The best combination is eating more fibrous food – more vegetables, mainly –and drinking plenty of water. Buy natural health care products which will help you in giving a healthy body.
5) Focus on fiber- Fiber is another important nutrient that induces fullness. Some studies show that increased dietary fiber can reduce total calorie intake, which may help prevent weight gain over the holidays. Unfortunately, many common holiday foods lack adequate amounts of fiber. Do your best to eat fiber-rich foods, such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.