Water alone with soap may not be effective…
Amla oil is a natural oil used for hair health that contains extracts from the Indian gooseberry. It is said to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss and premature graying. When used as a hair treatment, amla oil is applied to the scalp or facial hair. More importantly, amla is rich in vitamin C. In fact, the surplus of vitamin C in amla helps in stopping premature greying. What makes amla an indispensable component of hair care is its high iron content and the presence of potent antioxidants and carotene content improves blood circulation around the scalp thereby stimulating hair growth and also providing relief from dry, itchy scalp.
Here are 5 amazing benefits of using amla for your hair:
1) Hair growth- The phyto-nutrients, vitamins and minerals present in amla help in increasing the scalp circulation and stimulate healthy growth. Vitamin C of amla produces collagen protein. This helps in stimulating hair growth, both length and volume wise. Collagens replace the dead cells of hair follicles with new hair cells.
2) Prevents Greying- Prevention of premature greying conditions is one of the best Amla oil uses. This can keep the head healthy and can also impart a blackish tint. This has iron and therefore a natural black tint can be seen without any artificial peroxide coloring when this is regularly massaged. It is best to use a pure form of amla oil for black hair.
3) Removes dandruff- The active ingredients in amla hair oil perform an anti-dandruff action, and have an antibacterial and purifying effect on the skin. This Indian oil is especially effective on dry dandruff and dermatitis, as it deeply moisturizes the scalp, eliminates inflammation and soothes itching.
4) Serves as a natural hair conditioner: Amla can nourish, strengthen and condition your hair thereby making it shiny and adding volume to your hair. Galway Amla Hair Oil contains up to 81.2 percent of moisture content in it. Those with dry hair, now you know what to do. It gives a shiny, long hair and acts as a conditioner too.
5) Improves pigmentation- Most of the hair coloring packs contain amla in them as it helps in fighting pigmentation. It also helps in discoloration making the hair long and luscious. Moreover, it is important to keep our hair and scalp clean to avoid pigmentation. Amla and its anti-microbial properties, will not just banish hair odor but it will also remove the germs sticking on your hair.